Quotes from Hari-bhakti-vilāsa
- Devotees of Hari are very rare in the age of Kali. The position of the devotee is more elevated than the position of Lord Brahmā and Lord Rudra.
- The presence of a devotee at the time of death elevates even the killer of a brāhmaṇa to the spiritual sky. (10.86)
- If a dog-eater becomes a Vaiṣṇava then he becomes more elevated than a brāhmaṇa, and if a sannyāsī is devoid of devotion to Viṣṇu then he considered to be more degraded than a dog-eater. (10.87)
- Even at the time of total annihilation the devotees of Viṣṇu do not fall down. That is why Śrī Hari is known everywhere as infallible, all pervasive, and inexhaustible; therefore there is no need to fear a devotee. A devotee never inflicts pain on anyone. (10.101-105)
- Those who worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead Śrī Hari are the best of all people and no one is better than them in the three worlds. (10.110)
- Those sinless, magnanimous Vaiṣṇavas purify the entire creation therefore they are even better than the places of pilgrimage. (10.118)
- Those who are My devotees are not actually My devotees, those who are My devotees of My devotees are real devotees. (10.133)
- My devotees who are surrendered unto Me and free from attachment and disgust, envy and pride, sing My glory all the time. They never cause any harm to anyone. They are always engaged in worshipping My devotees and eager to hear about Me, they are the ones who always carry Me in their hearts. (10.145-146)
Blasphemy of a Vaiṣṇava
You are always alert to see whether you are committing some offense. This is a very nice attitude. In rendering service to Lord Kṛṣṇa and His representative, the Spiritual Master, we should always maintain this fearful attitude which means careful attention. This attitude will advance you progressively in Kṛṣṇa consciousness.Srila Prabhupada’s letter to Gopāla Kṛṣṇa (April 21, 1970)
Quotes from Hari-bhakti-vilāsa regarding Blasphemy
- When one blasphemes a Vaiṣṇava he loses his religiosity, wealth, fame and children. (10.310)
- If one beats a Vaiṣṇava, blasphemes a Vaiṣṇava, shows disrespect to a Vaiṣṇava, gets angry upon a Vaiṣṇava or does not express joy in seeing a Vaiṣṇava, he goes to hell. (10.310)
Four Kinds of Blasphemy to a Vaiṣṇava
- To find fault with a Vaiṣṇava for his apparent low birth.
- To blaspheme him for his previous faults.
- To blaspheme him for his accidental fault.
- To blaspheme him for the faults that are almost rectified.